You are here: Real spiritual Experiences :: Inspiring Transformation / Inner Change :: A Touch By The Holy Spirit :: Comments :: Page 1

Comments for A Touch By The Holy Spirit: Page 1

Return to the spiritual experience A Touch By The Holy Spirit

lex (guest)

8 years ago (2009-07-03)
i want to experience Jesus in the bread and wine.
I am an stubborn catholic. Help
Angie (guest)

9 years ago (2009-06-08)
I googled to see if anyone had a physical reaction such as yours. I had a similar experience happen to me just yesterday. I have been walking with the Lord for years and have had an outpour of the Holy Spirit in the past, but never such as this. Yesterday my pastor asked if anyone had never spoke in tongues would you please come to the front. I was the first one there. For years I had been in the presence of people speaking tongues as well as apart of churches that were more traditional. I had just decided this was not the gift God choose for me. But I have been going through the hardest 3 years of my life and decided I needed all the help I could get. When the nice couple started to pray with me, I just kept saying in my heart " Please come Holy Spirit". All of a sudden, I started speaking in tongues, nothing fancy, but powerful to me. This increased and I soon feel backwards and I cried heavily as I continued to speak, and then, I had an electric jolt that I felt in my head. This was the strongest feeling, I have ever felt, it was so powerful it felt like my head was going to explode out the top. I felt euphoric just like you, and I feel different even now. The reason I googled this was because, the feeling was so intense, it was shocking. I emotionally felt the Lord was erasing a lot of bad memories, and feelings, to give me a new hope on top of his blessings in the past. I have felt there is nothing that can harm me and the closeness of God is just so near. I would love to hear of others with some a similar experience.
Thanks
Ashley21 (guest)

9 years ago (2009-05-31)
I too experienced the same feeling just today! I sat down at my brothers laptop and decided to look up some information on wine and came across a website that explained Jesus and wine and why wine wasn't supposed to be consumed... Well anyway I read the scriptures the website had laid out to prove his points about alcoholism in wine. The website really opened my eyes about wine and all alcohol beverages and at the end of the information posted on the website was few words saying that you should repent and ask God to come in your life and it also said why wait because you might not have tomorrow to do so. Given that I have been putting getting saved off and that my life seemed to be going nowhere fast, frustrated and tired I began to pray asking him to forgive the wrong I've done and that I give him full control of me, it only took about a minute or two I began to experience the charging of my blood cells just rushing to the top of my head overwhelming me and I began to shake, cry and slightly utter soft words uncontrollably. My breathing got heavy my heart felt full and then just like that it stopped at a even pace. The experience was unlike I ever felt before but also a bit puzzling I guess you can say. After that my head was clear, my worries are gone, I feel relieved and stress free. Well anyway God bless and I hope that my story to will inspire more people to try the lord!
Sixtus (guest)

9 years ago (2009-05-30)
To Him be the Glory for ever and ever Amen.

To You my Dear Father-God, in all things my Your Holy will be done praised and exaulted for ever and ever amen.
Sixtus (guest)

9 years ago (2009-05-30)
Some years ago, I used to meditate on the love of God to send His only Son to die for us. It seemed preposterous to me that the Great Magnificat should suffer such humiliation.

I prayed to God to say that He expects us to love Him above all else yet we can express our love by embracing others but Him whom we must love above all, we cannot embrace so how can we show our love

While praying, became very melancholic. Told God that if only I could experience Him just to embrace Him to tell Him that I loved Him.

I did not expect anything unusual to happen. Suddenly there was a mighty force like a very powerful wind hit the side of our house. I thought it was a fighter jet about to crash but there was this incredible peace that the incredible noise did not disburb me.

Then I felt my body begin to ripple as though I was on a water bed and at the same time a gentle breeze was heard over head to pass out of the window. It was perfectly calm night and there were no breazes.

When the feeling passed over and through me, I felt an incredible peace that I just wanted to die right there and go with the Spirit which passed through me.

I turned to my wife [who normally sleeps so lightly she hears a pin drop], I said 'wow what about that then'. To my amazement I could not wake her. I shook her quite violently to wake her but it was as if she was anaethematised. She just could not be woken.

I asked God to take me. Believe me that is the rason why God appears distant from us. To experience Him, you just do not want to live, you want to be with Him. He wants us to live. So that we do not lose the will to live, He remains distant from us.

From that day to this, I will never understand why God visited me that night. All I know is that when we meet HIM face to face, it will be so joyous. We are attracted to Him like iron filings to a magnet...

I cannot prove to you that God exists but from my OWN experience can testify that He does. To Him be the glory for ever and ever amen.
Sharon (guest)

9 years ago (2009-05-14)
I too had a similar experience a few nights ago while sitting on my bed and praying, before turning in for the night.
A close friend and her family having been going through some harrowing experiences of spiritual warfare. Her son especially, has been a target.
I had been praying about 45 minutes regarding other situations, before asking God to send the Holy Spirit to intervene. I began praying specifically for this boy, when I suddenly felt a strange, warm, tingling feeling descend on me from the top of my head to every other part of my body; al the way to my feet. My tongue became heavy as I prayed.
I became frightened as I have never experienced this ever before in my life!
I am still very overwhelmed by this experience and have sought counsel with a priest. I have always believed in the power of the Almighty Father God, and yet I have been totally bowled over by this experience.
kevin (1 stories) (4 posts)

9 years ago (2009-04-26)
Yes I experienced something similar. Though for me instead of that energy coming from my toes it started at the top of my head and moved down my body slowly. As it passed it felt like my cells were energized too. I think it is very difficult to explain this feeling to someone who has not experienced it. There is a woman who had an experience very close to your own in that she too was in a church and had the same experience that you describe the only difference was her seeing a white light in addition.
Kim (guest)

9 years ago (2009-04-20)
Yes, I had an experience of the Holy Spirit, but not as profound as yours. I am still waiting. I have on several times, but most clearly after drinking the precious blood of Jesus, in the Mass. All this emotion welled up and suddenly I was weeping, and looking at the people in the pews ahead of me, and others proceeding to receive the body of Christ, and just felt so much love for them. After the tears stopped, a joy came over me, and I just could not help smiling. There were no thoughts just the weeping then the joy. I received the Holy Spirit. Prior to drinking from the cup, I was speaking to Jesus mentally, of course I had just taken the host and I believe I was thanking him, and I don't recall what else I was saying.
Carlos (guest)

9 years ago (2009-04-05)
Hey I had this. It happened to me in a dreamstate prayer state asleep but I awoke after it happened and felt like it there was electrical currents flowing all over my body and I could heal and bring life into anything my hands touched. It felt like I was raptured when that lightning shotgun shot through me. It shot me straight up and felt so invinsible when it happened in the twinkling of an eye. Amazing. Yesterday I had another experience that was heavy duty Holy Spirit flowing through me and waves of Love hitting me. Amazing. Jesus is soooo good! I've been confessing that Jesus Is God many times a day lately and yesterday was confirmation it is true I believe the Holy Spirit worked on me big time which is Jesus. He spoke to me so clear on something that happened. I was driving, mergin onto a highway behind a huge truck and trailer with a large boat. I believe it was Jesus told me watch out, stay back, don't get too close. And he flashed an image in my head of the trailer backing up almost hitting me. I slowly backed up. And next thing you know, the truck in front of me, its transmission "blew" and it had to back up almost hitting me. In fact other drivers asked me if he hit me. Long story short. I crossed over lanes parked on the side. Got out of my vehicle and helped divert traffic to get the truck and trailer/boat to back up into a grassy area. Then I went to talk to him to tell him the vision God gave me. He looked at me in disbelief as did his son in the car. They were waiting on a tow and so I left after they said they were alright. The amazing thing is before this vision, the Lord gave me the vision that He was bestowing the healing power in me. Wow. I take the second event as confirmation that the first image was true too. My friend and I went to go pray for a patient with stomach cancer in the hospital right after. All praise to God, revealed to us through Jesus Christ. I can't wait for the report on this persons healing. Jesus is God.
Wendy (guest)

9 years ago (2009-02-17)
I studied with Jehovah's Witnesses for two years. After not joining with their congregation, but agreeing on so many of their beliefs and meditating and praying several times a day for a year, I experienced a euphoric feeling for exactly two weeks. It was a complete overwhelming feeling of love, peace and joy. All anger, sadness, insecurities and emptiness was gone for that short amount of time. I did research shortly after the feeling left me and someone posted that it was called the "Honeymoon period". I've never experienced it again, but strongly believe it was God showing me what we will feel when Jesus comes to reign on earth.
michaeldk714hotmail.com (guest)

9 years ago (2009-01-02)
You guys, I saw the cloven toungue of fire cross my living room and enter my body in the chest area,[the heart], after it entered, it ran to my feet like water and then proceded to fill my body with, what felt like warm golden sparkles and when it had filled me up to my armpits, it ran again likr water to my finger tips and then again with the golden sparkles thing until it had filled me to the top of my head! I kid you not! Ilove you all, keep the faith!
vagabondfaith (49 stories) (90 posts)

9 years ago (2008-12-07)
Now I will tell you an amazing thing. I get up early to spend time with My Jesus (Our Jesus) and as I switched on my computer and went to Mozilla fox instead of the usual Yahoo coming up It opened at this sight and your blog! No reason that I can think of except the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit. I read with delight what you had written and it was just what I needed to hear.
God bless you. Don't give up your Catholic Faith and take the Eucharist as often as you can and go to confession alot. There is much waiting for you as you continue to give your life to Jesus. It may not always be accompanied by feelings as we have to learn to walk by faith too. Mother Theresa of Calcutta was stripped of spiritual feelings and just continued in blind obedience to her task and look where she has gotten to and achieved for the Kingdom. God bless you please contact me at michaeljaffrayk [at] yahoo.co.uk
Have a great week and Happy 2nd week of Advent!
Kara K (guest)

9 years ago (2008-12-03)
i am greatly touched by your story, it is so good to see that you ran to the cross in a time of need. What a good place for refuge! My mother literally said the same thing-giving her life completey to christ saying that her future is in his hands. And just a couple weeks later she met her (now) husband. And things have turned completly around. But I want you to know that no matter what plans God has for you, he loves you more than you can ever understand. And things that are good can come crashing down around you, but that is where the true test stands-will you allow the sufficient grace of God to carry you further? I do hope that you remember that the holy spirit feels the way you felt that day. Work daily towards finding that feeling. I find the best way to feel the holy spirit is listening to a song that brings your relatioship with God even CLOSER! Its so hard to misteak that feeling for anyting else. You just know the spirit is ALWAYS with you. And will never leave, whatever your life does for you.
Rubyt (guest)

9 years ago (2008-11-23)
Yes something very similar happened to me only it also included a vision. I talked to a priest about it and he validated that it was The Holy Spirit giving me the vision. One cannot describe the extreme thunderbolt of Love and Power that overcame me. And then the vision. The euphoria put me in ecstacy and I did not want it to end. Keep going to church and getting to know God. God has a purpose for you and He is letting you know it.
Su (guest)

9 years ago (2008-11-10)
A lot of people when they become Christians and in worship will feel similar sorts of things.
Those sorts of things are very, very common in my own life in prayer. The "floating" sort of feeling strikes me as sounding like what many Charismatic and Evangelical Christians would refer to as the feeling of the "presence of God." A lot of them will discribe it as if being wrapped up in a warm blanket. It is a physical feeling, and new Christians will frequently comment on it as they are not used to that sort of thing, wheras I think people who have known the Lord well for a while kind of get used to it! It is a very nice, warm, happy feeling, but can also be quite intense sometimes/ go along with quite intense (favorably so) feelings. I once prayed with one person to become a Christian, and they started telling me something about how they (physically) felt different. The closest thing I've come up with for an explanation is that it is kind of like God hugging me.
You might be interested in the book "The Practice of the Presence of God." by Brother Laurence (he was a lay brother in a monastary, who was very close to the Lord.) It's old, so you might be able to find it free if you google it. (If you pay for it you can get one in updated English).
tevez32 (1 posts)

9 years ago (2008-11-02)
thats very inspiring! Man, I thought I was the only one who has felt that when praying! 😁 god bless you and your family for your faith 😆

Return to the spiritual experience A Touch By The Holy Spirit